Terms and conditions
Tuition is only available to persons who meet the following criteria :
- Aged 17 or over or aged 16 or over and in receipt of the higher rate of Disability Living Allowance (mobility component)
- Hold a valid UK provisional driving licence (You must present your valid UK provisional driving licence (or other appropriately licence) to your Instructor prior to the start of your initial lesson. Should you fail to do so, your Instructor reserves the right to refuse to provide you with tuition or to cancel.)
- Legally entitled to drive in the UK.
- If you are not at the required standard to pass your driving test, our instructor reserves the right not to take you. They will always discuss this with you when approaching a test date.
- Any dispute that arises during the course, be it financial, or otherwise, must be dealt with directly with the Driving Instructor.
Cancellation of lessons :
- If you wish to cancel a lesson a minimum of 48 hours (2 days) notice is required to cancel any driving lesson. It is your responsibility to rearrange the lesson with your instructor.
- If less than 48 hours (2 days) notice is given, the full lesson fee must be paid. If you suspend taking your driving lessons within a block of pre paid lessons for a period of 12 weeks or more, then any remaining lessons will be forfeited.
- Your driving instructor cannot be held responsible for any mechanical or electrical failure which may cause the prevention or termination of a lesson or driving test. If the weather is too severe to take a lesson Your instructor can rearrange your lesson. The decision will be made considering your ability and any advice given by motoring organisations. If you decide to cancel at short notice due to weather and the conditions are suitable to drive, the lesson will be chargeable.
- Please note that in the event of you having booked your driving test, the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) stipulates that you need to give three clear working days to cancel your test. This may mean that you may/will lose your DVSA test fee if your instructor says you are not ready for test within this three day notice period.
Payments and lessons bookings :
- Payment by cash or cheque direct to your instructor before the lesson starts
- Failure to pay your booking in advance will result in your booking being automatically cancelled.
- If any reasons block booking ( 10 hours ,20 hours ,30 hours )cancelled lessons will be charged for normal per hour rates.
- You must give at least 48 hours notice to your Instructor if you wish to cancel or re-arrange booked lesson. Failure to do so may result in your Instructor charging you the full amount for that lesson.
- You and your Instructor are responsible for agreeing all matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons.
- You must notify your instructor of any matters which affect your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example, but not limited to, any lack, or loss, of a valid UK provisional driving licence.
- Your driving instructor will contact you if going to be later than 5 minutes for your driving lesson. The time lost will be covered by added to the end of the lesson if possible or added to another lesson at a later date. If you are late for your lesson, then that time will be lost.
- All pre-payments are none refundable and must be used within 6 months.
- Offers are non-transferrable.
- Your instructor will carry the appropriate motor insurance, should you be involved in a collision as a learner driver while in control of driving the instructor’s tuition vehicle.
- During lessons, Your instructor will make every effort to avoid any damage to the car. However, if your driving instructor consider that you were driving in a dangerous or unpredictable way during a lesson and actual damage is caused despite best efforts made, you will be expected to pay half towards repairs (up to the level of excess on the instructor’s insurance policy). This will be discussed at the time of the damage. In addition, during driving tests, the examiner will not prevent you, the candidate from hitting the kerb or causing other similar minor damage to the car. Therefore, all damage caused by you whilst on test will be charged to you (up to the level of excess on the instructor’s insurance policy).
Collection and use of data :
Any personal data you provide will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will use your personal data for the purpose(s) for which you have provided it. It may also be used for marketing, research and statistical purposes and crime prevention.
Transferability of lessons :
You cannot sell or transfer lessons which have been purchased in your name to any other person.